View Single Post
Old 23-01-08, 10:14

Default Traffic Plan

The job that Alex has done is second to none as far as this sort of thing is concerned. It's not every day that this type of thing is organised.

The fact that he has arranged a Traffic Plan to cover so many vehicles ranging from Leopard Tanks, through M3 Stuarts, M113s, LP Carriers, CMPs, Studebakers, Jeeps, Rovers and Bikes to get through council first go is no mean feat.

With todays world of litigation, the street parade is now actually covered as far as insurance is concerned as duty of care is now taken care of.

As previously mentioned, there will be changes to the parade sequence to cover the theme vehicles.

This is a SAFETY requirement.

With this, there will be shorty posted a set of Convoy Procedures. This complies with the compulsory driver's brief that will take place on the Friday 14 March at 6pm prior at the information caravan at the Ball Park Caravan Park.

There will be a final drivers briefing at 0830 Saturday at the parade start point.

I know that it sounds like there is an ideal of over control on the committees part, but bear with us. This type of thing happens very rarely. Safety is paramount with these vehicles.

It's not what you know
It's not who you know
It's what you know about who..