View Single Post
Old 13-08-12, 15:03

Today is my last day of holiday. Sadly I wasn't able to free up as much time for the C8 as I hoped for. But, I did start cleaning up the rear axle and we did build a Carport which will be the shelter for the C8 project for the time to come.

The rear axle showed some original paint; one of the colours came really close to the SCC2 sample I mixed up using Mike Starmers recipe (or is it just red oxide primer????). Another is a slightly blue-ish green....which I also have inside the cab and on some of the patches on the outside. I still wonder what that is.....SCC15 faded? Or remains of camo?
After cleaning up the center of the axle, I sprayed on a coat of black primer to protect it until I find the time to do the ends of the axle, and drive shaft.

@ Mike. Thanks for the comments on the springs. Could you maybe take a detail shot of the clips, bolts and spacers? Mine or to far gone to determine what they should look like. And also a pic of the brake rods for the handbrake on your truck? I only have the ends and the parts manual is somewhat confusing on the rods and cables.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
RearAx1.jpg   RearAx2 copy.jpg   RearAx3.jpg   RearAx4.jpg   Carp.jpg