View Single Post
Old 04-11-12, 02:08

Default Sequence ...........

Hi Alex

The bushings first..... You were lucky to find the pins..... I had mine done from drill rods blanks by a machine shop. The bushings I got form the spring shop that rebuilt my spring packs.

The bushing should be tight enough to require either a press fit or at least some slight tapping...... then once installed the bushings should be reamed a tiny bit to allow the new pins to fit in snug with some grease. If you bushings afalling out have the spring shop heat and reshape the spring eye tighter. If they are installed loose they will pound themselves to a sloppy fit very quickly. Keep in mind that the original pins need the original bolts which are no longer available today.

Now for the re-assembly sequence......

....according to what I have done/observed....... others can comment....

The cast steel nose support go first on the arch bars... rad horse collar that bolts tothe frame front cross member then the rad can be installed. Next the fender support need to be installed so you can reach the hidden bolt.

The top nose section can now be installed over the radiator.

Then the fenders which will fit under the side panels that bolts on each side of the cast steel support bolted to the arches.

The you can proceed to the inner side panel.... the inside panel is the one right over the driver's feet..... I beleive that panel has to be mated with the inner wheel well curved section as they share the same bolts .....

Then...... then...... my mind gets confused and I call Phil Waterman.

In any event it doesn't matter if you get the sequence wrong.... you will no doubt have to take it apart 2 or 3 times before everything fits properly.

And to think we do this for fun !!!!!

Bob C
Canada