View Single Post
Old 08-06-19, 07:12
VMVC

Default F15-A Front chassis brake line

Reading some of my old posts I thought I would post a follow up photo of the finished front chassis brake line on my F15-A which I made up a few weeks ago.

Also shown in the photo is the first one piece line which I made when I had nothing to go by.

I am fairly certain I had an original for a pattern and it is a better design than my first one in any case. Two piece is correct and easier to install. The large radius bend keeps it well away from the exhaust manifold whereas mine didn't. I removed one slight bend at the cab mounting bracket that was on my sample when I made the new one. I don't think that was originally bent there as it put the brake line closer to the manifold. By leaving it straight it kept the line well tucked up inside the chassis rail.

The rear section of this brake line to the master cylinder was in poor shape and clipped down with what looked like a non-original domestic electrical clip to the transmission crossmember. A diagram from the Australian "Drivers Handbook for Ford" shows no clip at that location and the brake lines spaced well above the bottom of that crossmember. Parts list however shows a clip there. I think mine was originally like the diagram so will make that section the same. If there is too much movement in the line I will just add a large grommet to the line where it passes through the crossmember to steady it up.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0210.JPG   IMG_0240 - Copy.JPG  

Jacques Reed