Thread: Info needed: Questions on a ford engine
View Single Post
Old 22-11-20, 15:53

Default Questions on a ford engine

HELLO

I am remounting a FORD MERCURY V8 flat head engine which was on my CANADIAN FORD F60L (one of the latest version 1945). The engine was dismounted some 30 years ago and I don't remember the purpose of some item. On the technical manual I had found no information about these subjects.

My first question is about the vertical part connected at the base of an additionnal part below the carburator. These part leads the depression to the wiper engines but instead to be a single pipe it is an directionnal valve (actually out of order). On its body we can read the following informations with an arrow in the direction of the wiper engine.

DONALDSON CRANKCASE VENTILATOR
TAKE APART EVERY 250 HOURS
INSTALL ARROW (--------> )

The arrow has the direction of the wiper motor.

These informations mean that it should be an non-return valve but why*?

The second question is about a little pipe starting from the valve cover at the same place that the copper pipe leading in front of engine and used for the crankshaft ventilation.
In a time I believe that this pipe should be connected to the ignitor but these last owns no hole.

I join some pics of the engine with some interressing informations. The carburator was made by FORD and also the capacitor connected to the ignitor. The engine was rebuild in GREAT BRITAIN by REME workshop on the 15/11/51.

Best regards
Attached Thumbnails
UNDETEMINED PIPE.jpg   NON RETURN VALVE2.jpg   NON RETURN VALVE1.jpg   ENGINE.jpg   PLAQUE_IDENT2.jpg