View Single Post
Old 06-07-15, 01:59
Tony Baker

I've been on the receiving end of both poles of the sales spectrum. Some wish to sell junk as gold, some would sell ridiculously cheap, just to help another restorer out. Most of those I deal with now, fall into the latter category. If it's not worth the asking to me, I stays unsold, with the exception of an expensive sidevalve V8 which I took at word of the seller as 'good rebuildable'. On later disassembly, it was rusted solid, and total junk. I'm wiser now. That won't happen again.......I hope.

If it smells like a rat, it will probably bite!

I have a fellow who often sources vehicles and parts, that he offers me at very reasonable prices, even though he knows he COULD ask more, based on my needs. He is not only a source or parts, he is now a good friend and I value any opportunity to interact with him. His character has been proven through many deals with me. Incidentally, if I believe he is asking too little, I insist onmpaying fair price. That way, we can respect eash other!

Range wrecks, never seen any here. Dont think the Defence Force offer anything to private folks here in Australia. Anyone welcome to correct that, if they know to the contrary.