View Single Post
Old 07-03-15, 04:45
MUTT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
So looking at that, I would say the Iltis were not fully implemented until 1988. The Iltis you show the history for appears to have sat in a supply depot until it went to a work center for conversion. It was then issued for the first time to the Airborne in May of 88.

I take it this means the M151A2 remained in that role until about that date as well. I recall the parts still being actively in the supply system around 88.
Hopefully Steve Hawken chimes in. His 151 was a Missile Launcher Carrier, and IIRC was still in the system until 1990.

EDIT, I don't have it handy but I actually found the publication that showed how to prep the TOW M151A2 for parachute operations which features none other than Steve Hawken's M151A2. It was dated for the early 90s as well. As a side note, most of us dream of finding an in service pic of our rigs and here Hawken gets a whole publication showcasing his.... some guy's luck eh.

Last edited by Scott Bentley; 07-03-15 at 04:52.