View Single Post
Old 28-10-12, 15:27
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex van de Wetering View Post
I agree with you on this Hanno, but I have to say that it's very sad that this collection is slowly falling apart. The badly done rebuilds were mostly German vehicles.
For potential buyers; some of the vehicle rebuilds were described in old issus of the French MV magazine, Ve-Mil, or Vehicules militaires.
Ineed the collection was made up by buying restored, running vehicles (although I doubt they were ever serviced, as some seem to not even have been washed before being put in the museum...).
Other vehicles were acquired as wrecks and restored or used for reconstructions - note the Maultier truck with British Universal Carrier tracks, and compare it with a real Maultier with German tracks (yes, the Maultier tracks system was patterned on the British Light Tank system, but not copied).

Quote:
Commonwealth wise, there are some interesting vehicles for sale, like the Morris PU 8x4, Windsor carrier, Loyd carrier, Standard Tilly........anyone spot the F60B anywhere in the auction (it was far from complete if I rememer correctly)?
I have not seen the F60B listed for auction, it was acquired as a chassis/cab (from a timber yard in Belgium, IIRC), and fitted with a crude gun platform and Bofors gun when restored by the Victory Museum. A couple of pictures of the F60B - as well as further information on this collection - can be found elsewhere on this forum here and here.

H.