View Single Post
Old 04-04-19, 22:44

Default Cent Pix

Hi Dan,

During the time I was "taking the Queen's shilling" I was an avid AFV/softskin vehicle photo-nut. Unfortunately, after I bailed out in '91, I sold half a dozen albums worth of pix I took or traded with buddies around the world including those from my time in NWE. Only have about three Centurion related pix remaining. Depict an MRT job to change out a metadyne at Beausejour and Bergen Hohne circa '70 during my first tour with 4 Maint Coy.

My '74-'78 tour with the Dragoons was one of the highlights of my career, sort of a dream come true. Started with FALLEX 74 as B Sqn. FCS Tech crewing 28C with "Joe Joe the Wildman" MacIntyre. Rained for 40 days and 40 nights, not a good time to be driving a 113! There are some action photos of Joe and I attending 24B during a breakdown, featured in the Library and Archives Canada photo collection along with a bunch of other great Centurion related pic during Reforger 74.

A story that comes to mind is the time the Cent fell off the flat car at the rail head in Lahr; that was a bit of a challenge for the recovery gang to be sure. I'd been promoted and shifted to HQ Sqn. by then so wasn't involved. Got stuck into the Leo loan training program subsequently and that's another story.