View Single Post
Old 12-11-19, 00:23
MLU Administrator

Default Weald Foundation has taken over the New Zealand Pattern Carrier project

I received the following message from Hilary Louis Doyle last week:

Quote:
Hello Hanno,
It has taken awhile but as promised, I wanted to let you know officially from this week the Weald Foundation has taken over the New Zealand Pattern Carrier project.
The Trustees of the charity known as the Weald Foundation are delighted as these New Zealand Carriers fit perfectly into our policy to collecting and restoring “forgotten” vehicles to running condition.
Although the Foundation is well-known for some spectacular German Panzers such the Jagdpanther 411 and two MIAG Sturmgeschütz our drive has been to find and restore the lesser known German reconnaissance vehicles from Aufklärungsabteilungen (reconnaissance detachments) several which are currently in our workshop.
What is less well known is that the other part of the Weald collection consisting of the Renault FT and TSF from World War I and vehicles of the British Empire. We are trying to remind people that the Imperial Army was not just British. In due course we will put into the light vehicles built and designed by South Africa, Australia, India and now New Zealand.
The New Zealand Carrier project joins our two South African Reconnaissance Cars Mk. III (Marmon Herrington) and an Australian Local Pattern Carrier.
If you have any question just let me know. It will probably be some weeks before the New Zealand carriers are moved to the Foundation’s premises.
Hilary
Hence I have merged this thread with an earlier thread on James' Wheeled Carriers.

Very good to see the Weald Foundation is acquiring and restoring rare Commonwealth armour as well. Their standard of restoration is stunning and I can't wait to see the finished result.

Hanno