View Single Post
Old 02-07-16, 19:15
carrier mech

The 50s M38 and M38A1 had a terminal box next to the passenger seat which would hook up the power wires. The Cdn2 and later used the 3 pin Bendix connector, which is still used for accessories today. I did see the odd M38A1 Cdn2 with the terminal box, but it was unusual. The addition of the Bendix connector was made to that 6 foot cable....at least I recall having to add them onto new cables. We used to run into a problem when the cables were too long as they would often get pinched by the passenger seat, and there was no fuse protection on that circuit. The front right door framework would also work through it`s socket and eventually wear into the power supply cable, also raising a few sparks. I would usually weld a washer to the bottom of the door framework so it could not work through.

I can get you the Bendix number, but I would suggest your best bet is to salvage one from a later radio power supply cable. The connectors I have seen on ebay usually go for outrageous prices.

From the top of my head, when using the 3 pin connector, A is positive, B is negative, and C is not used.