View Single Post
Old 12-06-07, 03:06

Default Morris FAT

Thanks David,
Yes, the No5 body was the one I thought may have been MkIV, I had forgotten that.
Then as you say, there were the conversions of the "portee" etc etc.
All very confusing.
My main interest is the hump back FAT, those photographed at Dunkirk all seem to have unglazed doors, and one glazed panel on the drivers side.
I have a photo, captioned MkIII body, which has glazed doors, and glazed both sides, below the roof panel, and with a canvass top. My thoughts were there was an interim MkII, which had the doors and sides glazed, but the roof was closed, as the earlier body types.
The one at Duxford has the glazed panels either side, and the doors are solid, so there is yet another body style.
There are other preserved examples with only one side panel glazed, and unglazed doors.
So I am totally confused.

Forgive what may seem a minor point, I guess it is reasonable to assume that different doors were fitted to earlier bodies, as time went on.

It's a matter of going through as many photographs as possible to determine the theatre and whatever census numbers can be gleaned.

Thanks for the help.

If its not too much bother, can you contact me off-line, I have relations in your neck of the woods.

george.dfs@virgin.net

George.