View Single Post
Old 04-11-07, 16:14

Default manuals

Hi fellas
I just had to add my pennys worth here...
I've always be fascinated by military manuals, especially old ones and have gathered up a few over the years. I always worked on a max value of 1/200 of a restored vehicles value as being athe top end price for a manual. Though this was just a rule of thumb.
I tried buying this mnaul in ebay land last week and the price rose so quickly that I couldn't get a final bid in..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEDW:IT&ih=005

If the end price and theory is correct then the average carrier should be worth around £57000!!! I will be applying for early retirement next week!!!! makes you think though!

I suppose smarter people than I will need to work out whats going on, I just found it interesting, seems to me that that collecting military vehicles is no longer the poor relation in the mv world!

In the mean time I'm still looking out fr an original copy of this manual (UC mK2* Operators Manual) if any one can bear to be parted, or in the short term of course a copy will do, I can exchange mk1 carrier maual copies and a few other ods and sods if an exchange of copies is possible.

take care and keep looking

nick