View Single Post
Old 29-05-18, 06:28
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Herbert View Post
Rob,
When they go silent on you, you pretty well know that they are not as honorable as they might be. I loose all sympathy for them at that point. If you have made your case to Ebay as you have here I think you might be plesantly surprised by the outcome.

Good luck David
So I made the request for refund from ebay, and as I mentioned before the seller contacted me and we exchanged a few emails. Then I got a notice from ebay that the seller was accepting the return, and that he would send me a return label. Then nothing. I let it go past the deadline, then asked ebay for help, as I had not received the return address. So ebay put a hold on it for 5 days (which ended up being 7). Next thing I know ebay returned all the funds and told me I could keep the mount.

Not feeling right about it, I did send another email to the seller, offering to send it back to him for the cost of the shipping. I also offered that he could sell it on ebay as a repro, and I would ship it form here for the cost of the shipping. Nothing heard in about a week now. Strange. It is a nice repro, and certainly worth something to someone. Surprised that he would abandon it .