View Single Post
Old 31-01-17, 22:02

I am hoping one of the fellow C8 owners can help me out on the following.....I can't figure out the universal joint!

After cleaning the grease from the parts I found out my C8 has a mismatch of yoke and spider, and some things are welded to make it work.....I have a feeling the rearmost yoke that attaches to the drive shaft is the original C8 part....and the front yoke with gear for the speedo is from something else.(?)....but I am not sure.
I have checked the parts manual, but I haven't been able to find the parts numbers in the master parts list. So, basically....before I can start searching for the correct parts, I have to find out what they actually look like! Anyone have a picture of the proper joint???.......the C8 setup is not shared with C15 or any other of it's sisters.

Another thing I wonder is if I have the proper “trompet” shaped "ball collar" that protects the U-joint from the outside world.......it has the remains of a seal at the rear end, but it doesn't seem to have a screw-on cap as I have seen on other (civvy) examples.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
spider1.jpg   Spider2.jpg   Spider3.jpg   spider4.jpg   trumpet.jpg