View Single Post
Old 08-02-19, 01:30

Hello Bruce McMillan. It’s me again.

I am wondering this time if you can confirm some wiring information for me on your Stark adapter? I would like to try and match the colours used by Stark and if I match starting at the B9G socket, I will be working backwards to the Octal Plug and it can fall into place easily enough at that point.

(1) The cable I am working with has 8 coloured wires as follows: white, yellow, orange, red, green, blue, brown and black. I think 7 of those are a match for the wiring on the Stark. The exception should be my ‘white’ would be a purple wire on the Stark.
(2) What coloured wires start off from the Octal Plug to the pins of the B9G socket? That is the busiest socket for connections and once it is sorted, I can follow through with the other sockets easily enough from the wiring diagram and socket photo you provided earlier.
(3) Line 8 from the Octal Plug shows feeding to both Pin 5 and Pin 8 of the B9G socket and then off to Pin 8 on the Mazda Octal socket. I can see there is a jumper between Pins 5 and 8 on the B9G, but I cannot tell if the wire from the Octal Plug goes to Pin 5 first, jumps to Pin 8 and then to the Mazda, or if it starts at Pin 8, jumps to Pin 5 and then off to the Mazda. I suspect the former but need your observations of the original Stark.

If you can confirm the above three items for me Bruce, the wiring part of my work can begin.

Best regards,

David