View Single Post
Old 02-06-06, 18:27
David Gordon

I've got a parts list dated 1 APRIL 1944. It indicates the change from straight spokes to the curved type at vehicle number 1900. No reference to what date that was but it had to be before April 1944 since they document the change.

My carrier has the curved spokes but there are two different patterns (visually only different on the back). Not cleaned up yet but I'll see if I can find part numbers so we at least will know the first three official numbers.

Since the production was limited to about 13000 total vehicles over two years, I'm wondering if the solid wheels are of US production or possible Swiss-made after the war. The Swiss had a different track system in terms of the pins and width of blades. Not sure if they were simply a modification of US track or something they began producing themselves.

Figure its realted to this thread since my friend wants wheels that are correct to the vehicle he buys but also wants it to be something made during the war.

So still looking for a date that the solid wheels were introduced with the T16 and also if the Swiss ever made tracks and wheels or if they relied on surplus US made parts.