View Single Post
Old 04-03-21, 22:51

Default LEADS, Aerial 25-3/4 inch Sub-Project

It has been a while since I last worked this little sub-project, but I need to get back to it now since I will be needing a completed replica of this particular Connector soon enough. It helps the Receiver and Sender communicate with one another and it will have to be ready to go when I get the Main Set Receiver fully up and running.

By means of a recap, I last worked this sub-topic back on Page 16, Post #476 of this thread.

Note to Self: It would be a good idea to keep a ‘topic log’ handy so even I can readily find information I might need to refer back to at a later date.

When I left off this work, the central pin assemblies just filled the brass sleeves, so there was no room at all to insert any HT Cable. First new step was to trim the black insulation back to just ¼-inch in length and trim it square. This will now allow one half inch of cable to fit into the sleeve

The next step will be to trim one end of the HT Cable I nave to expose enough of the central, braided copper core wire to pass completely out the end of the central pin when the cable is fully seated in the sleeve. This should work out to be about 1-1/2 inches. I will also need to pick up a small assortment of yellow heat shrink tubing and replenish my stocks of black heat shrink. The plan is for this first end of the Connector to be the insulated end located at the Receiver, and this end also bears the yellow ID Sleeve for the Connector.

David
Attached Thumbnails
LEADS, Aerial 25-3:4 inch Project 17.JPG   LEADS, Aerial 25-3:4 inch Project 18.JPG   LEADS, Aerial 25-3:4 inch Project 19.JPG   LEADS, Aerial 25-3:4 inch Project 20.JPG