View Single Post
Old 19-01-08, 07:19

I would personally save up and get the original rad rebuilt. The one in my UC finaly gave out and blew hot steam down my left side while I was driving. That was last of clues I needed to get it fixed. I wouldn't waste my time looking for a modern replacment from another vehicle. You will end up with something that will still need to be changed in order for it to fit.

As Chris says find a place that can do the job and have the best job you can afford done. It cost me about $575 with tax to have it completly rebuilt. New core, top/bottom tanks taken apart and re constructed. Was that a lot of money, yes, however my piece of mind that it wont let me down is priceless. (i know those damn credit card commercials)

As for paint. Lots of threads on this forum about it. Get in touch with Mike Starmer. He has written/ published a number of books on the subject and the best part is that they come with paint chips in the back. I think his last book on NWE paint schemes was about $20-30. Once you have the book simply take the chip in and have them match it.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer