View Single Post
Old 20-02-08, 21:09
Derek Heuring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Bowker View Post
I admit I didn't do anything close to a full survey of the Chilcotin area, but I didn't find a single object of interest when I was there 1991 (except dinner and my tent/sleeping bag). GB
Which doesn't surprise me Grant as personally, I think most of the stories start with a small grain of truth and then are grossly exaggerated. Case-in-point: There was a news report decades ago that members of a Chilcotin Indian Band found live, small arms ammunition laying about in the area. This report was true and verified by reporters from the Vancouver Sun. The C.F. went in and investigated and apparently didn't find much...spent cases, a few live rounds...not much else. Now I've hunted throughout B.C. and spent a lot of time around and in the Chilcotin. It wasn't long before I was hearing stories in logging camps, hunting camps, and truck stops of tanks, trucks, and bulldozers buried there. Anybody who has served with the C.F. knows how anal they are, not just about live ammo, but spent cases, stripper clips, and ammo boxes. We've all had to stand at attention and declare, "I have no ammo, spent cases, or any other ordnance in my possession SIR!" before leaving the range, so the idea of the C.F. leaving stuff laying about is unlikely. Derek.