View Single Post
Old 12-04-19, 17:05

Can anyone help me with some photos of the Drive Transfer Case on the Gun Tractor?
It would be nice if it was the Tractor version, with the take-off shaft for the winch.
But even just the regular four-by-four transfer would help.
I'd love to see one out of the chassis, from multiple angles.
I am basically interested in the overall shape and design and how it's bracketed to the frame.

Sorry, for the lack of updates...
Work is continuing quite nicely on my 1/16 paper model.

Yes, I am aware that at the start of this thread, I said I was working on a 1/18 model.
I started out with the idea of doing a 1/24 scale kit, but found that some parts were too small.
Even though I stylize and simplify a lot of things, this kit was to be on par with my previous large scale builds.
And those are all 1/16 scale.

So, I gave up on the idea and went back to 1/16 scale!
The Gun Tractor isn't a large vehicle anyway, so the model will be under a foot long.

shhhh...I know...once the Limber and Gun trailer are added, the model will be 3 feet long! shhh.

Anyway...after a quick test of the basic body design, I switched over to the Frame and Chassis.
Its best to get all that sorted first and then figure out how to fit the Body.

Heres a few photos of construction so far.
(Axles are not yet installed...just placed (upside down! lol) for the photos)
Everything you see is 100% paper (cardstock)
Some things are stylized to make them more easily buildable (in paper).
Frame rails, for example, are straight in-line and boxed.

Keep in mind, I am designing on the fly and sometimes things get thrown out as the design changes,
but usually, I just keep modifying what I have already built.
So what you see may not be the final design.
At the same time, I am designing Parts for a retail kit, keeping track of the assembly,
creating Instruction pages with assembly diagrams, and more!

So, its a lot of slow work.
It can take months...often well more than a year to finish everything (before a retail kit is available).

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions.