Thread: Stacey Books
View Single Post
Old 11-03-03, 16:27

Default Bill Alexander

Hi Al, Stacey's books are one of the best official histories. Well written and authoritative. An excellent resource to have if you are interested in Canadian military history of WWII.
Check abebooks. Found over 480 hits, (mostly a lot of other Stacey works). However this may be of interest, from abebooks search Mar 11. 2003.
STACEY, (Col. C.P. and Lt.- Col.G.W.L. Nicholson).
OFFICIAL HISTORY OF THE CANADIAN ARMY IN THE SECOND WORLD WAR. Volume I. Six Years of War. The Army in Canada, Britain and the Pacific. Volume II. The Canadians in Italy 1943-1945. Volume III. The Victory Campaign.
Ottawa: Ministry of National Defence / Queen's Printer, 1955, 1956, 1960. Three volumes, hardcover, tall octavo, red cloth. All three are first printings. Numerous colour folding maps. The books themselves have slight yellowing to the page edges of volumes I and II, else fine, no previous owner marks. Dust jackets: volume I has a large chip to head of spine, smaller chips to foot of spine, edge tears to panels. volume II has small chips to spine tips, small edge tears to panels; volume III like volume II, but some sunning to the red portions. Bookseller Inventory #17764
Price: US$ 125.00 (Convert Currency)
Bookseller: Steven Temple Books (ABAC/ILAB), Toronto, ON, Canada (Search this Seller's Books)(Ask Bookseller a Question)