View Single Post
Old 28-07-09, 18:01
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon View Post
We never did get to the bottom of why she has both high and low range and a winch, but they all work.

Not too expensive either at that price.
The mention of these untypical features (for a 15-cwt) triggered my memory, and hey presto - it was one of Hamish' trucks.

It sold for £3,850.00, sounds like a real good buy!

Did you provide the extra information?
Quote:
Q: Not so much a question as a little extra info, as I was in this truck when we eased it out of it's garage at the Alloa Motor Company, and I helped get the age-related registration. At some time it had a crane fitted to the back and removed, but no sign of damage as that chassis is well oper-specified for a 15cwt truck. This is an original Chevrolet C15A truck, early 13 cab with civilian type instruments, and added winch plus Bedford 28HP engine, all the rest of it seemed solid and original as it hasn't spent much time outside. It belonged to a friend of mine who also had a C15A water tank truck, which is where the confusion might have crept in. The only other detail I remember is that he just used one fuel tank, as the other one was half-full of ancient fuel that had gone right off - all the metal was solid though. Good to see her looking well, hope she finds a good home. 22-Jul-09
A: thanks for that we found its maintance book from the garage in a cubby hole and yes it still only connected to one tank karl
Attached Images