View Single Post
Old 14-10-04, 05:06

Default ITS ALIVE!, again

HI everyone.

Finnaly after a very long 1.5 months my carrier is back to life. Took it for a quick drive around an old orchard and hit all the bumps. I just love how it handles them. Much smoother then wheels at the same speed.

Ive gotten a lot accomplished and learned tons since getting it back in the middle of May. The tracks are all finished (thanks Stewart for that wonderful track jack), the radiator has been rebuilt. Fuel pump done and new fuel lines. Complete new electrical system. Ive also got a few bits and pieces primed and ready for painting.

Due to the commitments of school (me neglecting it while trying to get the carrier up and running again) im having to call it quits on working on it until the spring. Next year I plan on yanking out the engine and getting the hull sandblasted and painted. Then concentrating on getting lots of fabrication done.

SO thanks to everyone on this forum who has answered my many questions. Ive really apreaciated it and I have gone from no mechanical skill to having a basic understanding of how engines function and working with metal.

Once I get my film developed I'll post up some pictures of my progress over these last few months.

Sincerely
Jordan Baker