Thread: 11 Set stuff
View Single Post
Old 19-10-16, 09:12
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletrac View Post
I found another No 3 connector for my Aerial Unit C so now I can make the connector that hooks onto the set. This screenshot off the Erection of the 11 Set video shows the leads on that connector being about a foot long. Where would I get some of those wire ends that they show?
I got looking at my NOS aerial unit and it's made by PT&EW Co. What does that stand for?
PT&EW was Phoenix Telephone and Electrical Works Ltd. Bought out by a consortium in 1960, see http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Phoenix...Electric_Works

The wire for the connector is Cable, Electric, P13 (I think - they used that on the earlier Aerial Units A & B) and the connectors for the ends are "Lug, special, No.1". (They're a nickel-plated brass spade connector with a screw-on plastic (bakelite or ebonite, I think) sleeve. The end of the cable is bared, wrapped around the groove in the threaded lug and then fixed in place be screwing on the sleeve.) Another of the "Multi-Purpose Parts" that stayed in service for a very long time. They fit the spring loaded terminals on various equipment, and also fit screw-down terminals.

Chris.