View Single Post
Old 04-05-19, 01:22
'40 Ford F8, 4 x 2

Default Reply by Mr. Forys

Got the following very nice reply from Rick:

"Hello Mr. Price,

Thanks for being an MVPA member and magazine reader! I truly am sorry for the confusion, as we always make our best efforts to get everything right. However when provided non-historical information about a particular vehicle, (stuff you can’t verify in a book) you basically have to take the owner at his word. I totally understand your disappointment, as I would be too, but have a small issue with the stated course of events. I never met Ed at the show but found his card in the truck and called him. We talked two or three times and I tried to press him on the restoration but he couldn’t give me hard information, and the line you quoted was verbatim from my notes, which were fairly detailed."

"It’s too bad these trucks don’t come with a log book in the glove box listing all the previous owners & info. Until then all we can do is ask questions and keep digging for the truth. I’m sure going to try to get out there again sometime. It was a good show and a good time, and it would be great to be able to meet you and see what you are working on."

I did post to MLU the progress of my restoration of the F-8;check it out.

Last edited by Jim Price; 04-05-19 at 01:39. Reason: Omitted part f quote