View Single Post
Old 19-11-09, 14:58

Default Red light in the stop switch isolation switch location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmperry4 View Post
And here is a shot of the switch plates as I found them on my truck, which shows you what's what and where. Note the dimmer switch mounted on the left side of the housing.
HI Mark

Noticed that someone has installed a warning light in what would be the location for the stop switch isolation switch, do you know what it is connected too?

Turn signal, high beam indicator, hazard indicator or something else?

Just in passing I rewired the stop light isolation switch so that it provides power to the brake lights which passes through a signal flasher in parallel with the brake pressure switch. With the isolation switch in the on position it causes the rear brake lights to flash. When you step on the brakes the lights go on and do not flash. I also did install a indicator light for the high beam and one for the brake flashers.

About the gauges over the years I have been able to collect spare gauges including the temperature some of them have slightly different markings than the original CMP gauges which I suspect did not all match depending on the supplier. One comment about the temperature gauge and sender tube assembly most of these that I have found have sender tubes that are significantly shorter than the original Chevy CMP. Some of them are long enough though if you route the tube carefully.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com