View Single Post
Old 12-11-07, 03:03

Default AFV's for 08

Richard, I am aware of the vehicle you have mentioned. It will be great if you both can attend with said AFV. As with all these things though, logistics and finance are the killers. There are a number of people still holding back to check the coffers after the Christmas season to see if bringing an AFV is feasable.
Even us at the Museum are going to have hassles ref tank transporters when time comes.
Suffice to say we are still going with Plan A at this stage.
As far as the next meeting goes, still no response from the exec committee as to when & where yet.
Alex & I are still on the Street Parade and things should be finalised and posted within the next few weeks. This should give ample opportunity for max output of information.
I have spoken to Jif about the use of the forum to post information on Corowa as there is still no actual website and he is very obliging. (Thank you Sunray). Since MLU has somewhere near 400 members from this wide brown land, I am sure that word will spread far and wide as to what is going on..
I for one will be camping at the airfield away from the creature comforts of the porcelain loo, hot showers and doona. I am looking forward to seeing how many take up the offer to use the Airfield as a base site and join the gang for a cheap red and BBQ.
With having the two locations it will open up the event. I have also heard that this year some of the local groups may be willing to "join in" the festivities. As this is their town for 51 weeks of the year, I find it gratifying that the town itself is finally wanting to participate.