View Single Post
Old 13-01-13, 22:04

Default HUP project started at last

Hi All,

Well after some considerable time i am ready to start rebuilding my CMP HUP. I had a couple of other projects to finish first, a VW Kubelwagen and a DKWSB200 motor bike, both of which are now complete. So its on with the HUP.

Just to recap. I bought the vehicle some months ago, the chassis had been lengthened by about 18" and a radio body welded to the back. I put some pictures on this site and the consensus of opinion was that originally the vehicle had been a HUP. I ve removed the radio body and the old girl is now in the dry. The first job was to remove the fabricated back to the cab and see what was left of the original body work. Ive attached some pictures, one of which is the pillar behind the front doors, it shows signs of having a set of hinges attached. This is apparent on both sides of the body.

My next job is to shorten the chassis but more importantly, i need to start planning to build the floor structure. Ive collected lots of pictures from the net so i know what it looks like but what i really need, are dimensions, from strut to strut, corner radii and anything else. So if there is anyone who has this information or can tell me where i can get it i would be very grateful.

Regards,

Jonathan

Click image for larger version

Name:	63529.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	54124 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00723.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	54125 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00725.jpg