View Single Post
Old 19-09-17, 16:20

Hey Robin,

My apologies for not responding sooner. Glad to hear from you! Please tell me if you find anything on yours. I'm crossing my fingers, but PLEASE be gentle as I've recommended previously with removing the paint. The stamp is barely visible with the naked eye once the paint is removed at least on four of my latches, but they are there for sure.

Wayne,
No aluminum data plate inside the vehicle, just the welded tag with hull number and date. 464 . B . 8 . 4 ..

Rob L.,
Thank you. Now I understand! That explains a great deal to me. I'm going to visit that link you left for me as soon as I'm finished typing this.

Ed,
Thank you for that info. Every bit is really helping me out. Do you think there might be any other records of release or disposal to be found from 1982?

I've contacted Bovington Tank Museum in the past with regards to this Ferret, but they were unable to assist due to my not having the registration number for it. Unfortunately, the hull number and date on tag was really of no assistance to them. Now that I have the registration number, what are the chances of them having a previous photo of it? I REALLY want to know
so much more about it. I'll post some more info in a bit. Have to get back to work. Thanks again and best regards to all of you, Paul