View Single Post
Old 13-09-17, 22:59
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Fedak View Post
This is flat laminated safety glass. This is a quick and easy job for a glass shop. They can use the old broken windshield for a pattern.

When John G. in Ottawa was at Speedy Auto glass, he would do these at cost for the local HMV community.

Cheers!
Stuart
On my route home in the afternoons I pass a Speedy Auto Glass shop. We've had them do a few jobs over the years on the family vehicles. Went in and asked the counterman about a quote for a piece of cut flat glass. He didn't know, but the next fellow around the corner did. Yes they could custom cut a windshield glass for me.

After me waving my hands, guesstimating the size, and explaining what it is for, he drops in he used to work for John G at the other location, and had cut several windshields for John's Iltis', so he was familiar with HMVs. Whether the cut can capture the safety logo and text depends on where the pattern falls on the bigger pane of glass. He offered me AS1T, so there may be a minor tint. I'll ask for clear if he has a choice.

I'll dismount the frame off the M151A2 and deliver it to the shop in my car. They will make one for me and one for Big Dave who is working on another owner's M151A2. While we are cutting, any other Ottawa or Eastern Ontario owners need new windshields?

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!

Last edited by maple_leaf_eh; 14-09-17 at 00:08.