View Single Post
Old 17-10-16, 10:04

Thanks for your remark, Eric!

I went over dozens upon dozens of original pictures showing hood markings and indeed the vast majority of those showed overpainted US markings under the CM numbers... As you say sometimes the entire hood was repainted and sometimes the square outline of the overpaint above the numbers was clearly visible...
But in one or two cases the blue drab US numbers were still visible under the census numbers...

To add to the history of the vehicle and as a conversation starter, we went for this option... And I must add that in the picture above the blue drab is much more visible then in real life as somehow the picture ended up a bit too bright...

Still I will take your remark with me and may overpaint the blue-drab number in the future...

Next month we will be starting a similar job on a 1942 Willys MB which will bear the markings of The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry / 2nd Infantry Division... We have already decided we will overpaint the original USA number with a slightly different color before we put the CM number on...

Last edited by Johan WILLAERT; 17-10-16 at 13:08.