View Single Post
Old 26-11-08, 23:01
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default Tarp Timetable

Hi Stew!

That sample looks really good! For the hemp rope, try the TSC (the country store). I bought a spool of 3/8 hemp in the one in Kemptville recently. Good stuff, matches the stuff on some of my other vehs. Price wasn't bad (I'll have to check what it was... failing memory, perhaps I should smoke some of the rope! ) They had 1/2 inch as well but its too stiff for the smaller vehicles I was working on at the time.

Check with the Hammond gang for a source of repop engine cover hold-down 'tangs'. These, with a five inch spring, were used on many tarps instead of rope. If your cargo box has the extended buttons that look like a chess rook, instead of hooks for rope the springs and tangs are the way to go. I repopped a few for my LAAT tarp... easy-peasy and quite cheaply done.

Based on the process so far, am I safe in assuming that I can slip the planned expenditure to after Christmas (take that you PC 'winter holiday' jerks!)... sure would make budgetting easier right now! I'm still committed for one, don't lose faith!

Mike
www.calnan.com/swords