View Single Post
Old 27-11-08, 01:08
T-16, C15A

Default Rooks and Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Hi Stew!

Check with the Hammond gang for a source of repop engine cover hold-down 'tangs'. These, with a five inch spring, were used on many tarps instead of rope. If your cargo box has the extended buttons that look like a chess rook, instead of hooks for rope the springs and tangs are the way to go. I repopped a few for my LAAT tarp... easy-peasy and quite cheaply done.

Based on the process so far, am I safe in assuming that I can slip the planned expenditure to after Christmas (take that you PC 'winter holiday' jerks!)... sure would make budgetting easier right now! I'm still committed for one, don't lose faith!

Mike
Mike,

I thought that my truck box had those 'nubbins' on the sides and front for some reason. I first saw those 'rooks' in use on your LAAT at BB3 ( or was it 2? ) and thought I might have them for the same reasons. For some reason I thought that was a later, even post-war, method to hold the cover to the truck.

The hemp rope needs to the the last thing installed, so I shall work on this after the covers are underway. All I have some days is faith ...

See pix. Thanks Mike.

Stewart
Attached Thumbnails
side rook.jpg   rook hook.jpg