View Single Post
Old 11-08-17, 12:47

Default Sheffield Park - Sussex, UK - Canadian WW2 - 21st July 2018

All

I've been liaising with the National Trust at Sheffield Park in Sussex for nearly two years now regarding a proposed exhibition dedicated to the Canadian army at the site during WW2, and possibly a new war memorial - I have some original photos of the Canadians and Military Buildings at the site which I have provided copies of.

Planning for this is still at an early stage... so there is no date or specific requirement... other than something is expected next year.

At this stage, I would just like to get a sounding from group members with Canadian vehicles who, subject to when, might be prepared to take a WW2 Vintage Canadian vehicle to the site to support whatever the NT decide to do.

If you are interested, please can you say so, and let me know what vehicle you would be able to bring along.

If you have any photos or memorabilia specific to Sheffield Park during WW2 which you would be happy to loan, or agree to have copied, please let me know so that I can put you in-touch with the Exhibition organizer. If you know anyone stationed at Sheffield Park who has vivid memories of the place... then we'd love to hear from them especially.

NT Website for Sheffield Park's ww2 history is here... EDIT - it was HQ for Canadian Armoured Div and Div Signals amongst others.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/she...sheffield-park

Early days at the moment... and little information available.... hence am really just testing the water to see if there is anyone interested in supporting whatever does happen.

Many thanks

Tim

Last edited by Tim Bell; 15-01-18 at 16:19.