View Single Post
Old 05-12-12, 17:17
Derek Heuring

Default Live and .50BMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsa View Post
Hey Derek,

I think the early UCs having the Boys mounts is why the Ford engineers had them included with the original design of the T-16. The British tore them out and replaced the front swivel with a fixed wooded block that served as a generic weapon firing rest. And they then added new forward mounts to hold a PIAT since the Boys was being phased out for regular army use.

The photos in my book with the Boys rifle are all regular carriers but none really show the mounts clearly. Also not sure it they are different from the mounts I posted earlier in the thread which are in a 1943 production T-16.

Didn't know you had a Boys rifle. I traded my live one off to Rod in Arizona when I got my carrier. Is yours still live and if so, .50 or .55 caliber? Brennon here in Austin has talked about getting one so you might have an easy regional sale.
I've had the Boys for a couple of years now, it was part of the deal when I sold my CMP. I like it and use it both on the range and in reenactments but I recently sold my M37B1 and I'm going through vehicle-withdrawal
I'm open to a cash deal or a swap for a running MB/GPW, M38, M38A1, or M151. I'm also looking for a SCAR 17S.

CHIMO!

Derek.