Thread: For Sale: 1945 Tanker Oversuit
View Single Post
Old 30-01-15, 01:20

I worked with Jerry Lee at WPG to make up the denim AFV crewsuit for my 15th Recce lads. Jerry didn't see a market for them so he connected me with his source in India. Allowing we couldn't get real denim, the best we could do was dyed cotton twill of the right weight and color.

Our unit had some 26 sets of AFV coveralls made up for those that committed for them. Cost ended up being US $110 each postage paid from India.

I later sent over a Size 4 tan Pixie suit. But then I heard that a guy in Poland was already selling Pxies (and Denim AFV suits - real denim!!) and I let the project lapse. The tailor changed his policy and instead of all made to measure, he wanted a set number of sizes - 25 suits, and I didn't have the interest from my lads. Most all the armour owners int he club had already scored real Pixies over the years. I paid 150 for my unissued Size 6! (grin!!)

The Pixie would be more realistic to get an accurate replica made, with the tan fabric and Newell snaps and such available,

If there is enough interest, I could reach out ot the tailor and see if he is game. He still has my pattern suit.