View Single Post
Old 07-08-18, 00:16

James,

There are many movies being made and folks being paid.

Check your local town / area and see if they have a film liaison unit as part pf city / county organisational structure. Ottawa has a vibrant one.

You can look up "picture car" managers, these folks find vehicles for movies and usually are in between the movie company and vehicle owners and as such get a cut of your monies.

I refused participation locally a few weeks ago when offered $250 to ready, float to site at Gananoque airport, make available and return which I estimated to take 8 hours of my time easily. Not worth moving for even though I knew they had next to no money for the gig.

I know Mike Calnan and associates did go, what they got paid I dont know, maybe he will contribute and discuss.

Insurance coverage is iffy at best, I know we would have had to have had a chat with the insurance company before putting a driving Ferret on set with real planes and real dollars of risk. If the Ferret or driver had malfunctioned and creamed an aircraft the consequences didn't bear thinking about, $250 was just not realistic.

I know the Cold War Collection with whom I volunteer does get regular enquiries from movie companies doing shoots in and around the Ottawa area and has supplied vehicles once clear understandings and paperwork have been gone through. I think the running rate for armour has a start point in the region of $250 per hour with a minimum and many plus plus items such as float charges crew meals etc. You would have to confirm that with the Collection.

You really have to think what is it all worth and what is the risk to your vehicle and who is going to drive it and how many rocks are going to be thrown at it, the list goes on. Yes sure it is cool to have your vehicle on set for what ends up as 3.79 seconds of screen time.

I am sure others will chime in.

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62