View Single Post
Old 14-03-08, 03:53

Default Don't scare me with that H20 pump stuff....

HI Phil

I was adamant that I would not remove my original in blcok 261 water pump for a reduced size external 216 pump.....come hell or high water.

Well watewr rose too hight and I gave in........ Grant and I worked two full days trying to make the fan blade fit.... can't remember how many model we tried.... different deep shalow pulleys.... HELL you cannot fit a 261 original water pump and the original trottle in a CMP without some big shoe horn.

Even with the adapter plate it took some trick to fit the linkage for the gas to go underneath the water elbow to the block.

I am not sure yet if it will be sufficient to keep everything cool enough but if a problem arises I would be more tempted to increase the engine oil capacity and use an oil cooler than rip the tight fitting cab 11 engine bay area apart. I will be running two full size PH 8 spin on filters mounted inside the frame underneath the passenger side......

Tell us how did you manage the linkage and water pump in your cab 12..... you got a 235 in there correct... same as a 261 or did you use an early 235 with the old pump....

Grant will be facing the same issue with his 261 cab 13 arrangement.
Canada