View Single Post
Old 15-03-08, 03:38

Default Flow volume.....

Hi Phil

Yes it would be nice to compare the flow rate of the 261 original pump against the adapter 216...... but.....

One has to remember the air flow charateristics of the cab 13 and even worst the cab 11/12. At least a cab 13 can have a fan shroud which will greatly improve the air flow..... forget that idea with a cab 11/12.

According to by truck there is NO way you can fit a 261 engine pump in a cab11/12 without moving the engine back i nto the frame.... and then the fan is not centered on the rad.......

Any one can cheat with a wired in 12 volt fan mounted on the radiator...but then you would loose all the original whine of the fan when the engine is running. I remember running a M37 without a fan belt so we could listen to and adjust the valves....... 90% of the engine noise went away when the fan was not running......

Chev 6 cyl. like the Dodge flat head six were not usually known for running hot... I have driven M37 with no rad cap...... after running a branch right through the rad....... it never boiled over....... on the other hand a V8 Ford would boil over in Winter.

If we have an overheating problem with the 261.... which I don't think we will with a good recored rad..... a deeper oil sump.... extra spin on filters and as a last resort and engine oil cooler should take care of it..... short of over stressing the engine with a heavy load and trailer at low road speed in Summer..... the 261 should do us proud..... only time will tell!!!!

speaking of breaking in the engine..... are you running diesel engine oil as per the news article...??? what weight..??

Now if only the 261 heat could be used to melt the darn snow!!!!!!

Boob
Canada