View Single Post
Old 26-02-08, 17:16

Quote:
Hi Alex
better late than never, heres a picture of something I think you may need!! I have kept hold of it for years just in case... This could well be the case!!!
Well done on the purchase they're great little trucks..
regards
nick
Hi Nick, good to hear from you and thanks for the picture of the chassis. It shows once again how great the MLU world is....I never imagined that a spare C8 chassis would be available anywhere in the world. I still have to work out how to get the chassis to Holland.
The chassis of my C8 is definataly the thing that worries me the most. Nick you have already seen these, but for the MLU-ers I attached some pictures of the "modifications" made to the chassis by one of the former owners in Canada. There is a chunk from the left and right chassis rail and a chunk from the gearbox crossmember, certainly not something I can fix myself.

Derek, yes.....let's just say I am familiar with rust

Andrew. Before Nick saved me with the spare chassis, I looked on ebay and did find some replacement crossmembers on Ebay USA. Maybe that's something for you to consider. I think I have saved the seller's name, so I'll let you know.

David. I am not sure about the strap. In about a month I will have the C8 at home and will take more detail shots.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
P1010844B.jpg   P1010849B.jpg   P1010862B.jpg