View Single Post
Old 10-03-10, 06:56

Default L straps

Lee,
I will pick up a set for you when I am there,last time I bought a set,they were a $1.00ea. and if you decide you don't need them,I will throw them in my pile of webbing!

Steve,
Looks can be deceiving,that is actually an Indian Ishapore FN with all of the Canadian parts on it to make it look like an FNC1A1.I bought 8 of them years ago when Checkmate sports went out of business and deactivated them all for my vehicle and webbing displays.I also bought a heavy barrel and made an FNC2A1 version.I display the FN's in my 5/4 ton with the Sterling SMG which is a British L4A2.I wish the Government would have had a deactivation program for all of the surplus FNC1 and C2 rifles and the Sterlings so that collectors would have been able to keep a part of the Canadian Military's cold war era equipment history to display and preserve for the future.They also would have probably recovered all of their money they spent buying them back in the 1950's!But melting them down seemed to be the logical thing to do.I do have one of the Ishapore FN's live and with all of the Canadian parts.The rear sight,carry handle,flash suppresor,wood grips and top cover.Having one means I can buy a Canadian FN (12-5) but they have to sit in the locked gun case never to see daylight so what is the use to spend the extra money if a person can't take it to the range and target shoot.Oh well!
Regards,Derk.
1943 Bantam T-3 1/4 ton trailer
BSA folding airborne bicycle ser#R5325 (early)