View Single Post
Old 15-12-05, 14:36
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Vive le Difference...

Quote:
Originally posted by RHClarke
Well, my Texan friend,

I've had the pleasure of visiting your grand state four times. While at Ft Bliss, I met a feller who was braggin on his ranch. When asked how big his ranch was, he indicated that it took him half a day to get across the property in his pickup truck.

One of my fellow Maritimers laughed and said "I got a truck like that - Ford, right? "

All kidding aside, I'm looking forward to my next visit in your neck of the woods - maybe permanently, if Ontario screws up again...

Cheers, from the frozen north (you know the place, the one that whines about global warming...).
I've also had the pleasure of visiting your neck of the woods several times. Once spent a month under canvas near Stephenville, Nfld. during MARCOT 98 and made several trips to C.F.B. Greenwood during my career.
The Newfies are still waiting for Quebec to separate so they'll be that much closer to Ottawa!
Always had a fondness for Maritimers, in fact, my Texas bride is 1/2 Canadian, her father was born in N.S. and her Grandfather was a towboat Captain in Halifax before, during, and after the war. Funny how things work out!
C'mon down and say howdy sometime, I'll show you around, just do it before the temp. climbs back into the 100's! In fact, if you can make it down before the hockey season ends, we can take in a Canucks game...I'm tired of being outnumbered 19,999 to 1, if there were 2 Canadians, that even things up! LOL!