View Single Post
Old 15-01-07, 18:05
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Tired of this ?

Stewart, et al: Twice in my MV restoring career I've had to purchase new NDT tyres, once for a '42GPW which I owned in Canada and recently for my C15 here in the U.S. Both times it was cheapest to purchase them from Wallace Wade in Dallas. His prices were unbeaten by anybody else. For the Jeep tyres I had them shipped to a friend just south of the border and I picked them up and brought them across the border myself. There was no hassle regarding D.O.T. certification since they were certified for highway use in the U.S. I did, however have to pay duty since the tyres would fit a vehicle currently driven, the Volkswagen Beetle. If there were no vehicles that the tyres would fit, I wouldn't have had to pay any duty. Last year I bought new tyres for my C15. After checking the prices of 3-4 tyre suppliers, it was readily apparent Wallace Wade was once again the cheapest. His 9:00X16's are made in America by S.T.A. (Specialty Tires of America) so there shouldn't be any safety concerns with D.O.T. in Canada. I paid $150.00 each for the tyres. If I had bought them two years ago before oil prices went up I could have had then for $88.00! Wallace Wade always includes tyre flaps for free. If anyone in Canada can save money and is interested in purchasing tyres from Mr. Wade, I'm willing to help with their purchase and shipping to Canada. I just ask that any out of pocket expenses be paid in advance since I've been stiffed by a member of MLU before regarding shipping an item to Canada.