View Single Post
Old 09-03-10, 09:18
Keyan Noble, Halifax, NS

Default Re: Spent .303 Cases with spent Boxer Primers

Hi Tony,

My specific request for spent .303 cases that are Boxer Primed is because they are more easily available here on the East Coast. All Berdan Primer Cases from any vendor or shooter who has had them were quickly discarded for scrap. For any Professional Reloader or any shooter who reloads, they only use the Boxer Primer Cases for reloading because it doesn't require the specializede tooling needed to reload Berdan Primer Cases. At least that's the bunch that I have talked to over the years have told me.

Here too the Boxer Primer Cases hold a more dollar value than the Berdan Primer Cases with the Modern Reloader, especially with one who shoots; for the same reasons you state. I have also tried to abtain the Berdan Primer Cases from Service Rifle Shoots (not just in .303 calibre) and have came up empty handed. These cases are horded for the scrap value of brass. Again, which leads me to my specific request for Spent Boxer Primed Cases.

To be honest, it's an extream pain in the arse to do so. But what's a guy to do. The only other option is to use commercial brass (spent or new). The War Museum that we maybe voluteering with doesn't prefer this option. It would prefer that our Unit have War Dated spent brass for inert .303 ammo. It looks more authentic from their side of things I guess.

Rgs...

Keyan