View Single Post
Old 04-09-17, 16:09

I would like to add to Barry's post, a great event, my first event this year with a vehicle.

Thanks to Terry Witiuk and Les Fisher and Brian Asbury and to Jeff Armitage and Denise and to several others whose names I forget, especially the ladies in the kitchen trailer.

The show is on a large site and the OMVA component adds another mechanical variation. The grounds are large with sections for all kinds of agricultural and construction and stationary machinery and equipment around.

Right in front of the OMVA site we was a dragline running loading stone to a crusher powered by various engines. This was just typical of displays of a living nature that could be found around the site.

If you have not been to this show it is well worth attending in its own right.

The variety of vehicles we saw side by side was interesting, This picture shows a combine alongside the SUMB and Iltis owned by Brian Asbury. We were also visited by a steam engine that siddled up along the Sherman and there will a picture of that surface I am sure.

I would say that in comparison the event had the feel of Beltring in the UK with the constant activity all day long and with people milling around watching the displays and the constant movement of historic vehicles on the roadways of the site, garden tractors following steam engines following a SUMB or an Iltis.

It was a grand time.

I was happy to have my motorcycle to be able to putter around the grounds and even managed to wire on a purchase to the rack at one stage, very much reminiscent of visiting the stalls at Beltring.

Once again thanks to all the OMVA folks, and what Barry was referring to was whipping not twinnng or rope, a link is here to similar process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wECupgmIJio
Attached Thumbnails
Milton 01.jpg   Milton 02.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62