Thread: Info needed: C60 Front engine mounts
View Single Post
Old 21-09-16, 09:23

Default C60 Front engine mounts

Hi, I would like some advice. I am rebuilding my 216 motor. Other than the block & head castings (re bored) etc, crankshaft & camshaft (both ground), all of the other components are NOS. The NOS front engine plate, to which the front engine mount is attached, has two bolts swaged into it which are 1&7/8 or 47mm long. On the original motor the bolts are 2&7/8 or 70mm long, which accommodates the height of the spacer (see pictures). Obviously this spacer affects the motor height etc. Is this spacer an “improvement “ fitted to later production models etc ? Do I have something belonging to a non Blitz model ? I will not be able to change the bolts once the plate is fitted. I really want to use it, as the original is badly worn from being loose on the spacer.
Perhaps related to this, the top radiator hose on the original motor set up was not in a straight alignment to the top tank. I think the removal of the spacer might correct this. Or I might have the wrong radiator ?
Your advice will be greatly appreciated. I will post some more pictures of the motor. Thanks, Ken.
Attached Thumbnails
P9210568.JPG   P9210569.JPG   P9210570.JPG   P9210571.JPG   P9060547.JPG