Thread: Info needed: C60 Front engine mounts
View Single Post
Old 25-09-16, 04:14

Hi, Thank you to all the people who gave advice to me on this. I now have a definitive answer. The NOS plate I have is a 839065. This is only for as model 8 & 15. The plate 1795565 that I actually require is exactly the same as the 839065, except that the two mounting bolts for the engine mount are longer. The bolts (7/16 AF) are swaged into the plate, hence the different part number. These bolts, or the castellated nuts, do not show up in the parts list in the 0.004 group, as they are considered an integral part of the plate. The spacer 1794274 is required. The actual “mount “ is rubber (I have a new one). There are no springs.
I will replace the short bolts with the longer ones, & the problem will be solved.
If it is of any help to anyone, I have pulled down about six + motors to get the block, head, & crank etc. that I chose to recondition. I will keep one as a spare & the rest may help someone else. There are heads ( for flat top & dome pistons) cam gears, blocks, sumps, cam followers, pistons & rods, oil pumps, & manifolds.
Beside the C60 I am restoring, have 3 to 4 others in pieces as well & I am only going to retain reasonable quantities of spares when I complete this vehicle. I may be able to help you with something, & you may be able to help me .
Ken Thomas.