View Single Post
Old 15-08-18, 02:46
aut viam inveniam aut fac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim White View Post
Has anyone received the Siskens law firm letter re: the class action suit against
UPS? I have, anyone who was ever raped for brokerage fees is apparently a part of the class. A bit off topic, but we Canadians have been severely bent over by UPS.
Hmmm, just bought a smallish item from a US vendor as it seems unavailable in Canada......but shipping doubled the price-

Still, I need it, so ok pay up...
UPS finally came to the door, (when Im at work of course) and left a note saying i owe another big amount...unexplained. but possibly customs???
anyway, the small item -when i finally get it-- will be triple the actual cost.

Im not enthusiastic about buying anything from the US anymore...with the Trudeau buck doing badly, excess customs costs, excess shipping...its getting to be worth it to get an ugly, inaccurate, but inexpensive Cdn Tyre item,

(PS i wanted to buy an item on ebay earlier this year, but seller only does paypal... which i dont and won't and had said so prior to actual purchase....couple emails back and forth, wouldn't accept mastercard...bit of a tiff,..ebay got involved...finally resolved..but PITA....so end of epay for me too.)