View Single Post
Old 08-06-08, 11:00
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Last Post from me.

Hi MLUers,

This is my last post (I think) in MLU to basically let you folks
know I am leaving MLU as soon as Geoff gets around to deleting my membership for me, and I won't be back BUT if any of you wants or needs
to contact me, and you don't have my email address, ask anyone who
might have it to send it to you, and they have my blessings to pass it
on to you.

My recent posts in my POWS thread wasn't bids for pity-parties, it was
an attempt to try and get things in here dealing with reality and people being and doing right by each other as a stance against things working against that in here at the moment. What more can I say before I leave? Not much

D-Day plu 2. This date is absolutely untintentional for timing of me leaving, but the timing is amazing. Folks in here who know what brought me here, My Uncle Ed, know that he is who brought me here, also know that today happens to be the anniversary of his execution in Normandy 64 years ago.

All through my membership in here, I've gone on and on, again and again over the years, ad nauseum, about my thoughts and feelings about MLU, members, Geoffs creation of this environment and the people its drawn, and how wonderful a place its been. The quality of the people and how they treat each other in here, and the humour and help and god knows what else, has always been a draw. My gratitude to all of you, including Geoff (believe what you will) on those levels, is still strong in me. Gratitude and credit where they are due is my way, without ignoring the discredits also due. Both/and. I hold both up when I look at people, and try very hard to keep the both/ands alive and respond to both in people and life. I call that dealing with reality and reality is the most precious thing in the world to me as reality is all we have to build from.

So much wonderful and awesome reality to MLU and MLUers. Unfortunate that the other, lack of it, ends up deciding for me its time to go.

You folks rock. And you won't miss me too much because my presence in here has not been good for a long time now and I can't fix that.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment and my membership will probably be deleted shortly so won't be able to post again, but just know, all of you, that my membership in here and what I got from you all on all levels, none can compare. It doesn't get any better than that and MLU has given more blessings in ways that matter, than any negatives.

Take care of yourselves, and for those whose loved ones are serving and/or will ... those who are/will serve

Carman